When Technology Gets Too Smart?

We’ve been warned by Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk, technology can be a dangerous thing. But how can we control it and continue to use it safely?

We cannot quite know what will happen if a machine exceeds our own intelligence, so we can’t know if we’ll be infinitely helped by it, or ignored by it and sidelined, or conceivably destroyed by it. — Stephen Hawking

Are we in love with how smart we are? Today, there are technology companies that have a much larger “cult following” than any religious organization. And there are millions upon millions of Americans that freely confess that they “believe in science” instead of God.

So what does this say about us? Does it say that we have discarded ancient “superstitions” and instead have embraced logic and reason?

Sadly, in most cases the truth is that we have simply traded one form of religion for another. Scientists and technology gurus have become most peoples new high priests, and most of us blindly follow whatever they tell us. But in the end, just like with so many  organizations, it is all about the money. Those with the money determine what the science is going to say, who the high priests are going to be, and what messages are conveyed to the public. For example, once upon a time the big tobacco companies had armies of doctors and scientists that swore up and down that smoking cigarettes was not harmful. In fact, many doctors and dentists in America once personally endorsed specific brands of cigarettes. Of course millions of Americans were getting sick and dying, but this was dismissed as “anecdotal evidence”. And over in Germany, “science” was once used to prove that the Germans were the master race.

We look back in horror now, but at the time the best “science” in the world was used as justification to promote some horrible untruths. And of course the same thing is happening today. We are told over and over that “the science is settled” regarding genetically-modified food, climate change and vaccine safety, and yet those of us that think for ourselves know that isn’t the case at all. But if you do not believe in the “official story”, you don’t get to be part of the “scientific establishment”. By definition, the only people that get to be “scientific experts” are the ones that embrace the “doctrine” of those that control the big corporations, that fund the research studies at the major universities and that own the big media outlets.

Everyone else is not permitted to be part of the discussion. (Story by Michael Snyder, republished from EndOftheAmericanDream.com.)

1. Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and
    you are just too fantastic. I really like what you have acquired
    here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it.
    You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it smart.

I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually a
    terrific site.

2. I believe everything published was actually very reasonable.
    But, think about this, suppose you typed a catchier post title?
    I mean, I don’t want to tell you how to run your website,
    however suppose you added something that grabbed folk’s attention? I mean What’s Trending On Godinterest | Godinterest Blog is a little boring.
    You ought to peek at Yahoo’s front page and note how they create post
    titles to grab viewers to click. You might add a video or a picture or
    two to get readers interested about everything’ve got to say.
    Just my opinion, it would bring your website
    a little bit more interesting.

3. Good site you’ve got here.. It’s difficult to find good quality writing like yours these days.
    I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!

4. Prior to shopping online, it is important that you check
    your computer to see if its antivirus software is updated.
    Sometimes you may forget to log out safely and this can be a very hard thing to do.

This guide will focus on Combat path with some points mixed into other two trees to
    support the main talent.

5. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This article
    posted at this web site is really pleasant.

6. That is very attention-grabbing, You’re an overly professional blogger.
    I’ve joined your rss feed and stay up for searching for more of your excellent post.

Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks

7. The funschool mom January 7, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Looks pretty awesome! I

8. I do not even understand how I ended up right here, however I thought this post used to be great.
    I don’t understand who you’re however certainly you’re going to a famous
    blogger for those who aren’t already. Cheers!

9. Thank you for reading about the Servants of Charity. What you are doing on the internet is awesome! We need to see these types of images more and more. Keep up the good owrk.

1. We can’t thank you enough for your encouraging comments and willingness to support. God Bless You

10. Hi! I know it sounds kind of strange, but I’ve nominated you for the Liebster award. The Liebster award is a tag for bloggers to promote other bloggers, you can find the rest of the information and what’s now expected from you here: Thisworldshouldbeabetterplace.wordpress.com/2014/09/11/liebster-award/
    I hope you’ll join!

11. Thank you for sharing Godinterest with the world (and me!). I really enjoy everything about it. Keep it up and be blessed!

I also wanted to let you know that I nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award”:
    Starinmoi.com/2014/09/08/one-lovely-blog-award/

Miss M

Liked by 1 person

1. We can’t thank you enough for your responsiveness and willingness to support. God Bless You

1. My pleasure. It’s truly my honour. 😊

12. Like your site, thanks for letting us share the word. Check out the video we made of our Quilts for life project in Cambodia. To save a child and a mother is our mission. click >>> http://godinterest.com/post/1858763/quilts-for-life-a-mother-daughter-project-from-cambodia

13. Do y’all have a app? I was looking for it in the App Store

1. Hi

We do not presently have an app is the App Store, but will be looking at developing one by the end of 2014. We’ll keep you posted. God Bless

14. You’ve been nominated for the inspiring blogger award keep up the good work

Liked by 1 person

15. […] Source: What’s Trending On Godinterest […]

Liked by 1 person

16. Love these. It is so hard to find expressive photos that fit the subject. Great collection.

Liked by 1 person

Share Your Thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s