Godinterest.com exists to Make God Known. Making God known is part of the Great Commission of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20). God wants you to discover Him, perceive Him, see Him, and experience Him through a relationship with Him. He wants you to know that you can trust Him as God’s character is love, kindness, mercy and faithfulness.
As we ask God to lead us, we find that He gives us all kinds of creative ways to live out His loving purpose for the world.
We invite you to ask God to show you how you can play a part in Making God Known on Godinterest.
Let’s do it in being and living, in speaking and writing, in proclamation and dialogue, in preaching and teaching, in argumentation and invitation. We hope you will enjoy the touching stories of people Making God Known on Godinterest.com
…Scottsdale Master’s Commission is a discipleship program that is committed to the spiritual and personal development of its students. Our purpose is two fold: “TO KNOW GOD AND MAKE HIM KNOWN”
…therefore go and make disciples of all nations (Matt.28,19)
….a magic moment for the city of God
Join Godinterest in Making GOD Known around the World.
There’s a story, behind every picture, isn’t it obvious, considering that when we take pictures we want to seize that particular moment, whether that be a family photo or just a situation that you find interesting and intriguing.
All over the world and every day and every minute there is a photo somewhere being taken and each and every one of those photos, like the moment it captures, has a story.
The story maybe brief, or it may be long, or maybe not even known. The picture might even show its story, or hints of what it could be, but then maybe what is shown is not really true. None the less, for some reason we have taken these pictures, we show them, or hide them away, post them for others to see on Godinterest, and sometimes we wait to see what other people may say.
People often say that a picture is worth a thousand words, it implies something, it means something, you take it as you want.
The exact phrase “A picture is worth a thousand words” for the first time appeared as an advertisement in San Antonio Light newspaper in 1918.
Never underestimate that feeling you get when you look at a photograph or a painting, hear the lyrics of a song and think “Yes. That, exactly. That is how I feel right now.”
The beauty of the pictures is that it captures universal emotions and makes us feel a bit less alone.
There is a story behind every picture on Godinterest. Sad story, fun story. We hope you will enjoy the incredible story telling pictures we gathered only for you.
Our feet may never come close to what these kids do. we’re sure it’s a long tiring day for them collecting scrap woo.
Missions at Freedom Fellowship has the goal of seeing lives transformed by the power of Christ. Their efforts are focused in India, Indonesia, China and Thailand.
Despair by Marcske Doubts
Street Healing By Gil Burgos Ministries
While Godinterest is often referred to as a “photo sharing website,” in reality it is much more than that. In addition to posting photos, people also post funny images, quotes and text. And some people don’t post anything at all, they just “like” and comment on what others post.
Because of that we think it’s more accurate and beneficial to think of Godinterest as a social network where images are the primary medium.
Let’s talk about ways we can use Godinterest to share our faith online. Here are 11 we came up with:
1) Post pics of creation. Give God all the praise.
2) Post pics of Christian community. Share the fun and love you experience at social events at church and within your small group.
3) Post pics of serving in your community. When you serve the poor, paint a house or join in a community service project or cause, take, upload and share photos.
4) Post pics from missions trips. Missions trips are especially good opportunities for great photos because they often provide the opportunity to mix in beautiful pictures of God’s creation, culture and people from other country’s.
5) Post quotes from scripture and Christian authors.
6) Post pics of Christian art. Godinterest is a visual medium. Sometimes art – whether it’s paintings, stained glass, sculpture or other – speaks louder than words.
7) Post pics of the people you love & things you like. In other words, be a real, authentic person.
8) Listen and engage with others. Remember Godinterest is a SOCIAL network. Don’t just broadcast. Follow your friends, family and people in your community who use Godinterest. View their pics, comment and encourage them.
9) Mention your faith in your Godinterest bio.
10) Post your testimony and/or a gospel presentation on the site your profile links to. In your Godinterest profile, you have the ability to include a link to a website. You can use this to link to your blog or personal website where you can tell the story of how God has transformed your life and can transform others as well.
11) Create a Godinterest profile for your church. If your a pastor or church communications person, you can create an Godinterest account for your church and do all of the above on behalf of your church.
What do you think of the suggestions above? Any really resonate with you? Got any other ideas for using Godinterest to share your faith online?
- LuckyMag: Use Your Sense Of Style To Launch A Big Fashion Career
- VentureBeat: How To Promote Your Christian Game via Social Media
- CNN: The Success Of Marketing via Image-Based Websites
- Tell a friend: Help us grow our community by inviting all of your friends and family to sign-up at: http://godinterest.com
Around the Community
Godinterest is a photo-driven Christian social media site that allows you to share cool things that you find across the web.
Godinterest is presently being used for organising ideas including Church events, travel planning, inspirational quotes, home decorating ideas, meal planning and advice, wedding or event planning and activities for children.
Godinterest also allows businesses to create profile pages aimed at promoting their businesses online.