Using hashtags on Godinterest
Using hashtags to categorize posts by keyword:
- People use the hashtag symbol # before a relevant keyword or phrase (no spaces) in their posts to categorize those posts and help them show more easily in Godinterest Search.
- Clicking on a hashtagged word in any message shows you all other posts marked with that keyword.
- Hashtags can occur anywhere in the post body – at the beginning, middle, or end.
- Hashtagged words that become very popular are often Trending Topics.
Using hashtags correctly:
- If you post with a hashtag on a public account, anyone who does a search for that hashtag may find your post
- Don’t #spam #with #hashtags. Don’t over-tag a single post. (we recommend using no more than 2 hashtags per post.)
- Use hashtags only on posts relevant to the topic.